Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Continuing the GAME

I must confess that I have not had as much luck with my GAME plan as I would like.  I have not been able to set aside the time that I would like to in order to meet my goals.  I have a lot of free time coming up over the next few days however, and I hope to catch up at that time.  I have looked at various sites and see the basics of how I can use them, but so far the biggest help I have received has been reading our text book.  Chapter 6 focused on assessment strategies, and this is one of my main concerns for myself.  I learned a lot about creating and modifying assessments, and I think that will help me in the future.

I will be adding to this blog post later this week as I work on my plan.  In the mean time, I would love to hear your suggestions.

[Edit: I have had several opportunities over the last few days to check out sites that might be useful.  I am now looking at strategies to use them in my classroom.]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ben,

    I observed that one of the goals in your GAME Plan includes providing student access to digital tools that address their diverse needs. Your hope is to diversify learning options for students that learn in different ways. Fortunately, with technology, especially with project or performance-based projects, students naturally gravitate towards what they do well or what they enjoy, which creates a natural differentiation (Laureate Education, Inc., 2009). By utilizing technology tools such as social networking sites including blogs or wikis provides your students with the options of using that one tool in many different ways. Social networking tools can be used to engage and motivate your students because they meet the need of multiple intelligences (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009, p123-124). While searching for strategies to differentiate student learning using technology, I came across a SlideShare presentation that I found valuable, and would like to share with you. The slide show is entitled Technology Driven Differentiated Instruction, and it provides meaningful information about implementing technology to meet the needs of diverse learners. I hope you find it useful. Good luck with your GAME Plan!

    http://www.slideshare.net/coolcatteacher/technology-driven-differentiated-instruction

    Whitney Barber

    Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

    Laureate Education, Inc. (Producer). (2009). Meeting students’ needs with technology, part 1. [Webcast]. Technology across the content areas. Baltimore, MD: Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara to Benjamin:
    I am also have issue with my GAME plan. I have the time, but being away from the classroom is making it difficult. I can plan activities to use with my students, but it is hard to not get the immediate information from teaching the lesson. There are wonderful websites out there it just takes time to go through all of them. I agree that the class text has been full of beneficial information. There are some great adaptations that can be used immediately. Good luck with the search and finding the time to work on your GAME plan.

    ReplyDelete